Thursday, November 3, 2011

It Started With a Kiss - here it is!



Well, the day I've been waiting for months for finally arrived this week... Here is my very first printed copy of It Started With a Kiss!



I've videoed the actual moment I opened the package to reveal my book - the vlog will be up tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

I can't tell you how truly, utterly amazing it is to finally hold in your hands a copy of the book you've worked all year on. It's magical. There's no other word for it. I'm always surprised by how everything seems to stop when I first see the finished book: it's like an almost reverent moment, mainly because for that one small moment in time, this book is mine - before it heads out into the big, scary world of reviews and publicity. I don't have children yet, so I can only imagine this feels a little bit like when a mum sees her newborn child for the first time. So many hours have gone into making this, so many late nights and frustrations and triumphs and sheer hard slog. And now, here it is: perfect and sparkly and every word in it came out of my head... How amazing is that?!

The first reviews have come in for It Started With a Kiss - and they're both five-stars!

Lovely Leah from Chick Lit Reviews and News said: 'The story is amazing, the characters are so warm and so witty and loveable and Miranda’s writing just flows so naturally. I’m always wary of synopses that proclaim the book to be the “perfect book to curl up with” but It Started With A Kiss is the perfect book to curl up with. Miranda Dickinson just gets better with every book and I can’t wait for book number four. It Started With A Kiss was a triumph in every sense of the word.'

Fab Chloe from Chloe's Chick Lit Reviews said: 'I'm sure you'll be attracted to this book because of its beautiful cover, but let me assure, what's inside is magical too. It's a well written, well constructed tale of love and searching for something that you believe in, no matter what anyone else says or thinks. If you love romantic novels with a bit of a twist, then It Started With A Kiss is certainly the book for you!'

And the great news (which came as a complete shock to me last night) is that the Kindle/ebook edition of It Started With a Kiss is out TODAY! The ebook edition has lots of bonus content, too - including a whole load of deleted scenes from the book, with a commentary by me!

So, it's finally happening - my baby is going out into the big, wide world... Scary but wonderful!

4 comments:

Alexa S. said...

Congratulations! Your book looks amazing and I can't wait to read it :)

Jennifer Joyce said...

Congratulations. The cover looks gorgeous.

I can only imagine what it feels like to hold your own book in your hands. Thank you for sharing because it's things like this that motivate wannabe writers :-)

Talli Roland said...

It's GLORIOUS, Miranda! I can't wait to read it.

Jean Bull said...

Hi Miranda!
My Daughter (aged 18) and I love your books. She loves singing too and has been singing your song ever since we saw the book trailer and she is now downloading the full version. It's beautiful.
Can't wait to read 'It Started with a Kiss'
Best Wishes,
Jean

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to my album tracks!