Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Miranda Writes 25 - an EXCLUSIVE extract from I'll Take New York


All this year, I am keeping a video diary about writing and publishing my sixth novel, I'll Take New York. This week, I have a bit of a treat for you - an exclusive extract from the book!

I've been promising to share a sneaky snippet of Bea and Jake's story with you for some time, so I thought it was about time I did it! Below is just a snippet – but watch the vlog to see much more:

…For as long as she could remember, Bea had dreamed of one day owning her own bookstore.

She had loved books all her life. Real books, not electronic ones. Books you could carry in your bag and read on the subway. Books you could pretend to read in neighbourhood coffee shops while people-watching. Books you could snuggle up with and lose yourself in. Books you could fill your apartment with – packed onto shelves, propping up tables and piled up reassuringly by the side of your bed. If she left home without a book, Bea felt naked, bereft. But then, working in a bookshop meant there were always new friends to make and take home.

  Friends who never let her down. Friends she could trust…

I also answer your questions on my favourite characters and whether I have more stories to tell about them after my books are published. Plus, find out which of my characters will be returning in I'll Take New York - here's a clue: one of them comes from another of my novels...

Let me know what you think - I'd love to know if the extract I read in the vlog whets your appetite for more! Or ask me a question for next week... Leave a comment below, tweet me @wurdsmyth or email me at mirandawurdy@gmail.com.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to my album tracks!