Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Bollywood dancing - the evidence!


I wanted to do something a bit different for my hen party, so my fab chum Susanna Westwood (who inspired Wren in It Started With a Kiss) found the most amazing thing... Bollywood dancing!!

I fell in love with Bollywood films when I was writing It Started With a Kiss at the end of 2010. Being a bit of a night owl when it comes to writing, I found I was invariably writing in the early hours and would often have the TV on for company and background noise. To my delight, Channel 4 had a season of classic Bollywood movies which were shown after 1am - and I was hooked! I love the flamboyance, the drama and the utter fabulousness of it all, with infectious music and awesome dance numbers.

When I was working on a series of Christmas gigs last year I ended up sharing my secret Bollywood crush with Susanna - so when she offered to host a hen party for me and suggested we learn to dance like the Bollywood routines, I was over the moon! Six of us learned two routines in an hour and adored every minute. It's fun, energetic and makes you ache next day! Susanna took videos of us shaking our hips and genuinely having the best time - so here they are for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!

First up, a routine to Jai Ho! by A.R.Rahman from the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack:



Next, a more traditional Bollywood dance with a cheeky female protagonist!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to my album tracks!