Saturday, June 9, 2012

When I Fall in Love 4 - The Brighton Location Tour!


This year I'm taking you behind the scenes of writing, editing and publishing my fourth novel, When I Fall in Love. This week, see the locations I'm using for the book!

As the main part of the action for When I Fall in Love takes place in Brighton, I wanted to make sure that all the locations I used were as real as possible. So, lovely Bob and I headed down there earlier this year to visit the places I wanted to include in the book.

There are always features of a place that you can't get from just reading about it - and for me these are the details that bring the story alive. I really hope when you read the book it feels as if you're actually there, crunching across the pebbles on Brighton beach, meandering through the crowds in North Laine or sitting on the grass gazing at the Royal Pavilion... In this week's vlog you'll see the bits that I used as a kind of visual sketchbook for when I returned home to write the novel and I hope it gives you a bit of insight into how I write!

So, is everyone ready for the tour? Please grab an ice cream and watch out for the seagulls as we step onto Brighton beach...

Enjoy!

p.s. This week's YouTube-nominated freeze-frame is entitled, 'Brighton bustle'...

2 comments:

CL Taylor said...

Aw, watching this made me homesick for Brighton! The Fortune of War is my favourite pub too. Top choice! Will be interested to read your novel to see if any of the locations I picked for HOME FOR CHRISTMAS feature! ;) xx

Miranda Dickinson said...

So glad you like it, Cally!

I have the Royal Sussex County Hospital and of course the Pier and Promenade, but I can't remember if there are any of the other locations mentioned in your fab book :o) Other locations are Gardner Street in North Laine, Islingword Street and the OhSo boardwalk café just along from the Fortune of War pub...

M xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to my album tracks!