Saturday, January 31, 2009

Oim on the telloi, loike...



I'm on the telly!

A reporter from BBC Midlands Today phoned me on Tuesday after I'd been a guest on Phil Upton's Breakfast Show on Radio WM, to ask if they could come to my house.

My house? Are you sure?

Having just come back from holiday in South Devon (so lovely that I didn't want to come home), my tiny flat was disappearing under the usual post-holiday detritus that I hadn't had time (or inclination) to tackle yet... Thus followed two evenings after work of manic cleaning, sorting, binning, dusting and vacuuming - leading to me sleeping on the sofa the night before the TV crew were due because I had so much stuff piled up and generally shoved into my bedroom that I couldn't actually get to the bed! Still, I now have televisual evidence that my flat can be tidy...

You can watch it here...

Needless to say, I am now convinced I look like Jabba the Hut's slightly overweight sister and am resorting to the Ryvitas!

2 comments:

Akeith Walters said...

Loved the spot on the TV. Congratulations to you.

Mockingbird said...

Hunny, you looked perfectly lovely and absolutely fine... so I wouldn't stick too closely to the Ryvitas (unless of course you like them, in which case, go ahead... but they always reminded me of cardboard... although why I should think this I couldn't really say, because I've never eaten cardboard....) But mega congratulations, you deserve it, the book is lovely.... and I love the cover too... I hope they keep it...!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to my album tracks!