Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Rejections and the Art of Positive Thinking...



I just received three rejections for my work.

Three. Count 'em...

Being a writer - I refuse to use the term 'struggling', although poor is probably apt - I am getting used to rejections and I'm determined not to take it personally. Even though each rejection feels a bit like the literary equivalent of someone calling your kid ugly... But even a self-confessed Eternal Optimist like me has to admit that three in one day is a bit much...

Nevertheless, the way I've decided to look at it is like this: each rejection is one less to endure before someone says 'Yes'. Just purely by the Law of Averages, someone, somewhere has to say yes eventually.

I've had some success - visit www.myvillage.com to see my latest review of Made of Honour - so I know I'm not a completely useless scribbler. Still no money, but it's the writing that counts.

One day, I will write something that becomes part of someone else's world. It's not an if, it's a when. Until that day, I'm utilising the Positive Gene™ whenever and wherever possible!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Positive thinking really is an art. I'm not very good at it. I don't know if I'll seek publishing for the book I'm writing now (and have been since November), I'm really only a teenager. But rejection always scares me. I try to do my best so people might be satisfied with what I did, but I have to remember that there are always people who will want more, or will just not like it.

Oh, sorry for the negative sounding comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to my album tracks!