Friday, August 5, 2011

It Started With a Kiss episode 16: proofs, covers and agents!


All this year, I'm keeping a video diary of everything that goes into writing my third novel, It Started With a Kiss, due to be published on 10th November. This week, the copy edit is done, typesetting is happening and I tell you about why I decided to find an agent...

After a week of copy editing, It Started With a Kiss is now being typeset at the printers - it's very exciting! I love this part of the process because the next time I see the novel it will look like it's going to look as a printed book. It feels like quite a milestone in the creation of the book because it starts to feel real and not just a rather large Word document on my laptop!

The big news this week is that I now have an agent! It's the very lovely Hannah Ferguson from The Marsh Agency and I'm so chuffed to be working with her. It's so official that I even made it onto the agency's website - look here! In this week's vlog I'll explain why I've decided to find an agent after two years as a published writer without one.

Also in the vlog, I'll tell you about my first view of the cover design! I'll be able to share it with you very soon and I know you're going to love it! I also answer questions from Cally Taylor and Donna Cally's book, Heaven Can Wait is wonderful - definitely one to check out! And, being the cheeky scoundrel that I am, if you'd like to make sure you see It Started With a Kiss before your friends, you can pre-order it here!

Also, I mention the fantastic Romantic Novelists' Association - check them out here.

So enough of the waffle - here's this week's vlog - enjoy!

p.s This week's YouTube-nominated freeze frame is entitled 'X-Factor Auditionee'

3 comments:

GEM said...

Hi Miranda

I was really interested to learn that you have only just taken on an agent. I have been led to believe that publishers will not take any manuscripts which are unsolicited but clearly in your case that's not true. Did you just send your manuscripts to several publishers? I am working on 2 children's books. What's your advice?
Looking forward to your new book.

Thanks

Gina

Kim Curran said...

HURRAH FOR WOMBATS. And for awesome agents. And beautiful front covers. What a packed vlog! Congrats all round, me love. x

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I must have missed about you signing with your agent on Twitter, so belated congratulations.

I can't wait to see the cover of It Started With A Kiss and I'm longing to read it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Listen to my album tracks!